Amazon is a well-known company and is dedicated to offering its customers the widest selection of merchandise and goods available, to create amazing customer satisfaction. Amazon will never allow listings that violate the brand’s intellectual property rights or other rights owners.
Younglanes will offer support to those sellers who may ever violate any Amazon intellectual property and lose their membership due to their ignorance.
As an Amazon seller you must know the following:
- What is a copyright?
- What is a copyright violation?
- How do you know about the copyright of the items being sold?
- What is a trademark?
- What do trademarks protect?
- What types of trademarks usually are displayed on Amazon?
- As a seller, can you use someone else’s trademark?
- How can you ensure that you have not violated any trademark law while selling on Amazon?
- What is a patent?
- What is counterfeiting?
- What is the basic difference between a trademark, patent, and copyright?
- How to ensure that you have not violated someone’s patent while selling on Amazon?
- What is a design?
- What to do in case your account gets suspended?
- What you should do if you have got multiple warnings due to intellectual property infringement?
- What if you did not know that you were violating someone’s intellectual property?
When you were appointed as an Amazon seller, all these were mentioned in the letter, and most likely that you never bothered to read them in detail.
However, you must understand that ignorance is not an excuse when you are dealing with a company like Amazon, which has built a reputation on the market for providing service to millions of customers worldwide.
A few more information regarding intellectual property law
- Resolving complaints of Multiple Intellectual Property for an Amazon Seller
- You must avoid emails with Spoof/Fake IP Violations – Why Amazon Sellers must Register Intellectual Property
- The complaints regarding Amazon Intellectual Property – Submitting a suitable POA for any 72 Hour Notice Suspension
- The new method of getting IP complaints off from your Amazon account
- Amazon Suspensions and complaints on Multiple Intellectual Property Rights.
Last, but not least, every seller needs to also know about trade dress.
When we say trade dress then it means the following:
- The entire packaging
- The color
- The product
- The shape
For example, if you ever notice the packing materials used for the packaging of goods such as the Beauty Blender Sponge, or Fuscia colored and egg-shaped sponge having clear cylinder packaging, all these are killer trade dresses.
If you think that you can ever make a copy of these packaging products, then it will be better that you think about it again. Remember trade dress complaints will be very difficult to enforce on Amazon, however, the big brands like Amazon will never be shy about filing a lawsuit against you.
So, you must understand what a trade dress is, and you can never copy the color, shape, and packaging of any other product. Besides, you also need to know about this trade dress, it is still enforceable, even in case nothing has been filed with the USPTO.