Prevent Cockroach Infestation in Your Home in Conroe, Texas
A healthy lifestyle depends on getting enough sleep. However, this sleep won’t be available when you’re dealing with a cockroach infestation. Cockroaches should be treated from the root when they enter your home because it is quite common for them to spread infection. Cockroach chasing is stressful and tiring because most of them are spotted in darkness and they multiply quickly.
Texas is renowned for its sweltering heat and humidity. This season is perfect for cockroach multiplication at home. Conroe deals with various types of cockroach species, and there is no specific time for their infestation. You require reliable pest treatment from Conroe given that they cause over $5 billion in annual property damage.
Patriot Pest Control Conroe TX keeps your home pest free. Their economical pest control service has given a 100% guaranteed result. The business owner is a Conroe resident, so they know all the pests in Conroe that cause havoc. Their mission is to help people get rid of commercial and residential pests.
Signs Showing Cockroach Infestation at Home
- Contaminated Food: Roaches will investigate food that has been stored and will ingest anything they can. They will also contaminate these products.
- Eggs: Roach egg casings are distinctively shaped, and discovering one in your home confirms that you have a roach infestation.
- Feces: Roaches often leave their droppings near grocery stores, but they can also leave them on your walls or ceilings.
Types of Cockroaches
- The German cockroach is the most prevalent domestic cockroach in Texas due to their quick reproduction.
- Brown-banded roach is a typical domestic roach species. They prefer dry environments and are frequently discovered inside walls or electronic devices like televisions and refrigerators.
- The American cockroach is the largest peri-domestic species that live around people. With a lifespan of almost two years, it is also one of the longest-living species.
How to Get Rid of Them?
- DE, or diatomaceous earth, is a highly effective organic insecticide. Roaches that encounter DE suffer exoskeleton damage and die from dehydration.
- Baking soda produces gases in the roaches’ stomachs when they ingest it, which causes the roaches to explode. Anywhere you’ve seen roach activity, chop up a few onions, sprinkle them with baking soda, and put this in a shallow dish.
- Boric acid occurs naturally and is commonly found in plants. Although boric acid is safe for humans and animals, it is lethal to roaches.
- Borax, an economical laundry solution, works wonders in getting rid of roaches. White table sugar and Borax needs to be used in equal quantity for the best results.
- Citrus is a delicious treat for people, but it repels cockroaches. When you mop your floors, a few drops of lemon oil should be added to the water.
- There are various environmentally friendly chemicals available in the market including glue traps that help in getting rid of roaches. These chemicals are hassle-free and don’t require cleaning the entire home after spraying.
Hire a professional pest control service in Conroe, if you don’t have time to take care of cockroach infestation. A trained professional knows his/her job. They will not only take care of infestation but will also find the source and block the cracks and holes which are leading to penetration.